Your Historic, Post Historic or Classic
car, or any spares, for sale or wanted welcome here.
email@example.com with the details, and a picture if
you have one.
- Alloy Winter Wheels and Tyres - Audi A3 / VW Golf
- Winter Wheels and Tyres - Mercedes 'C' Class and Skoda Octavia
- Ford Capri Mk1 5 litre "Perana" re-creation
- 1966 Volvo Amazon 122S Rally prepared
- Triumph Spitfire IV Hardtop
- 1995 Honda Legend Coupe 3.2 V6
Wheels and Quirky Registration Plate
MGTF 135 (updated contact details)
- Garage clear Out of MGB bits
- Bits and Pieces -
garage clear out
Alloy Winter Wheels and Tyres - Audi A3 / VW Golf
first real cold snap brought ice and snow to our roads. Time to fit
winter tyres. For the price of a set of tyres why not simply change the
wheels. Takes minutes and your safely on your way.
Beat the winter snow and cold weather.
Set of 4 Alloy wheels from Audi A3 (2010 to 2014 model year) 205/55
R16 fitted with ContiWinter Contact tyres TS380. Used over 2 winters with
tread depth like new. Wheel hub offset - ET50.
All these tyres display the The 'Alpine' symbol,
or the three-peak-mountain with snowflake (‘3PMSF’) which came into
force in November 2012 under EU Regulation 661/2009 on the Safety of
Motor Vehicles. The 3PMSF can only be used if a tire passes a minimum
required performance on snow - the so called “snow grip index”.
Winter tyres are designed to operate at 7 degrees centigrade and
below. Summer tyres at these temperatures become hard providing less
traction and grip, leading to skidding, on ice, snow and wet roads.
Winter wheels and tyres overcome this.
Wheels also suitable VW Golf of similar age.
Price - £250 ono
Winter Wheels and Tyres - Mercedes 'C' Class & Skoda Octavia
to be prepared' for the next cold spell. If you have a Mercedes 'C'
Class or Skoda Octavia then these winter wheel and tyres are for you.
Mercedes 'C' Class
x Alloy Wheels: Alutec (German) KBA47332 Size: 7.5Jx17 112 codes:
LK112 M8, B757. Fitted with 4 x Tyres: Continental ContiWinterContact
Size: 255/45 R17V Tread Depth: 8mm.
All excellent condition
Price - £350 ono
x Steel Wheels: Skoda Size: 6.5Jx16 HZ code: ET50. 4 x Tyres:
Firestone Winterhawk 2 size: 205/55 R16 91H Tread Depth:
Wheels well used but no damage and tyres excellent condition.
Price - £140 ono
Ford Capri Mk1 - 5 litre V8 "Perana" re-creation
Mk1 with 5 litre "small block" V8. Car is in Inverness, Scotland -
viewing essential. New MOT will be supplied. Only 2800 miles since car
was built. Build files and photos available. Transportation can be
arranged anywhere on mainland UK or ferry port.
FORD CAPRI V8 1969
as re-creation of the South African “Perana” Capri by Basil
Green this Mk1 was commissioned by me in 2009 and built professionally
to my own specification.
was selected after a long search, very early (1969) automatic
transmission shell with wider tunnel. Probably the best Mk1 shell
available at the time.
- Modified and strengthened to take power unit and extra stresses.
- RS3100 fibreglass arches fitted to accommodate wider wheels.
and rear has been changed to “face lift” appearance with
twin headlamps, cheese cutter grille and larger rear lamps.
- Car has matt black bumpers all round with quarter bumpers incorporating the indicators at the front.
- Car has been sprayed in Ford midnight blue with an excellent finish.
- Ford 302 cu. in. (4995cc) “small block” V8 developing 320bhp
- Block- 1968-1974 FORD 302 Block
- Align Honed
- Zero Decked
- Bored and Honed 4.040” with Deck Plates
- Crank- Stock Ford 3.00” Ground .010” .010”
- Rods- Stock Ford with ARP Bolts
- Pistons- Speed Pro Forged Small Dish 9.5:1
- Balancer- Pioneer Replacement
- Bearings- King
- Piston Rings- Hastings Rings
- Entire Rotating Assembly Balanced
- Timing Set- Comp Cams Double Roller
- Valve Train- Isky Hydraulic Cam .521” Lift
- Isky Hydraulic Lifters
- Comp Cams Pushrods
- Comp Cams Roller Rockers
- Oil System- Melling High Volume Oil Pump
- Heavy Duty Drive
- Milodon Oil Pan 5qt
- Cylinder Heads- Edelbrock Aluminum Heads 1.94” Intake and 1.6” Exhaust
- Intake- Weiand Dual Plane Clear Coated
- Fuel System- Edelbrock 1404 500CFM carb
- Edelbrock Pro-flo Air Filter
- Ignition System- Electronic Distributor
- Mallory Coil
- Valve Covers- Powered By FORD
- Felpro Gaskets
- Ford racing flywheel and clutch
- 13 row oil cooler
- Hi torque starter motor
- Aluminium radiator (very large capacity)
- Twin thermostatic electric cooling fans
- Ford Mustang “shorty” exhaust manifolds (headers)
- Twin 2” system with balance pipe
FRONT SUSPENSION AND STEERING
- Borg Warner T5 with Mustang bellhousing and concentric clutch release mechanism
- Custom 400bhp prop shaft by Reco-prop
- Ford Atlas axle with limited slip differential 3.09:1 ratio
- Adjustable coil over front struts with roller top mounts
- Competition rose jointed track control arms
- High ratio power steering rack
- Heavy duty anti roll bar
- Single leaf rear springs
- GAZ adjustable shockers
- Radius arms and Panhard rod
- Vented and drilled front discs – front
- 4-pot Princess calipers – front
- Solid discs – rear (Sierra Cosworth)
- Bias pedal box
- Dual circuit front/rear
- Twin servos
- EBC Yellow Stuff pads
- All copper piping
- Fly off handbrake
- 17 gallon baffled alloy tank in boot
- Facet electric fuel pump
- Filter King filter and pressure regulator
- Single marine quality tubing from pump direct to carburettor
- Mk3 Capri loom with Mk3 indicator, wiper and light switches
- Aircraft style auxiliary switches
- Fuse boxes inside – all circuits fully fused
- High intensity headlamps
- Auxiliary spotlamps
- Battery in boot in sealed battery box
- Battery cut off switch
- Radio/cassette player
WHEELS AND TYRES
- New headlining, carpets and door cards
- Recaro leather reclining front seats
- Cloth rear seats
- Full harness seat belts
- 7-dial custom built dashboard (based on late model Mk2 Cortina GT) covered in Alcantara cloth
- 14” semi-dished Alcantara rimmed steering wheel
- 7” wide front and 8” rear 15” Minilite style wheels
- Hankook tyres
- This car cost over £45,000 to build, with many parts having to be sourced from USA and others custom made
- Registered as a1969 Capri therefore zero road tax
- MOT till November 2017
- The car’s performance, as might be expected is superb, with tremendous acceleration and top speed of ????
- The handling is also excellent – can be thrown into corners with no drama
- Makes a beautiful noise!
- Was built originally for touring events and has participated in a few
- Could easily be converted to track day, sprint, hillclimb, race or even rally car
1966 VOLVO AMAZON 122S - BASED IN NICE, FRANCE.
122S 04/66 RHD refurbished over many years and fully overhauled.
- Fitted with overdrive, blue printed B20 (Gérard Lepron in Paris did it)
- 45 Weber,
- SD roll cage,
- Quaife ATB,
- Polyurethane bushes,
- Bucket Seats,
- Alloy radiator,
- 70Lt alloy fuel tank,
- Special King Springs coils and shocks,
- Superlite 16" rims with Michelin,
- 4 in 1 headers with full SS exhaust,
Ready to go rallying or pleasure, any distance.
Further information can be obtained from Patrice Ryder firstname.lastname@example.org
Triumph Spitfire IV 1500 - Factory Hardtop
- Factory Hardtop for Spitfire Mk IV / 1500 in very good condition
- NO dents or rust damage new headlining with
- NO marks or tears.
- Complete with fixings and very rare hood bag which covers the folded
- hood when the Hardtop is fitted.
- Finished in French Blue.
Contact - Craig McGibbon
1995 Honda Legend Coupé 3.2 V6 auto
Future Classic for sale
Honda Legend Coupe 3.2 V6 auto, Midnight Blue with black leather
interior, cruise, elec' sun roof, windows, mirrors & seats,
on SORN, the car has not been on the road for a couple of years. I
believe there are less than thirty of these fantastic tourers left in
the whole country. Car starts and drives but would need work to re
Known faults are, power steering pipe leak at
front valance, rear silencer blowing, will need a couple of tyres and
the brakes would need to be overhauled. Some surface rust on rear
wheelarches. Could make a nice summer project.
For further info please call or text Eddie Kilgour
Alloy Wheels &
Quirky Registration Plate - At Reduced
of 17” Team Dynamics Alloys with 205/40 tyres which have a
miles still on them yet, they were fitted to a Mazda MX 5, they have
dual pitch stud holes (71mm & 76mm see photo) so they will fit
They are clean and tidy front &
back, no lacquer
blistering up, a couple of them do have scuff marks, one worse than the
other. but they are nice wheels.
I managed to get a
original Mazda wheels, hence why they are available, and I wanted to
get the MX 5 looking original again.
a quirky Reg. Number
for your car or to just hide the year of your car?, this one is for
The website click4reg has
it up for sale as I asked them to sell it on my behalf.
put a value on it of £875 plus the £80 transfer fee
. (Check it out)
this is something that you are looking for then contact me direct.
I will accept £399
for it which includes the Transfer Fee
you are interested in either of the above email me
or Tel. 01555 771802.
I’m in Carluke Lanarkshire.
I also have the following which
might be useful to you
Engine 930cc. -
Kit to mate K-series engine to type 9 Ford Gearbox.
Douglas Anderson telephone: 01382 731755
is one of the last examples of the MGTF built. This car has the N
series engine, a modified K series with uprated manifolds etc to
overcome the historic cooling issues associated with earlier K series
power units fitted to MGF / TF's. With only 15000 miles on
the clock this is a real bargian for some serious 2 seater sports
driving. If you want a reasonably priced sports car 'key ready', then
this is one to look at.
Drive away for
details contact Archie Simmonds - 01890 818201
sumpguard is originally from an Opel Ascona/Vauxhall
but is essentially a sheet of 6mm thick Dural 61cm wide by
long so could be bracketed to fit a wide range of vehicles.
£50 and quite heavy so buyer will need to collect from Perth,
or we can maybe arrange a handover somewhere.
Garage Clear Out
Lots of bits for the MGB classic rebuilder
Yet more items added to go to a
- MGB alloy bonnet with air duct, requires
- MGB four speed syncro g/box with overdrive,
condition not known £100;
- original early MGB woodrim steering wheel
- MGB lower wishbone arms (new)
- 5x Michelin TA20 18/62 x 16 rally/track day
- 5x 20ltr fuel cans £12
- 4x 185/70x13 road tyres all good
- Twin 45 weber carbs,36 choke,
- 140 main,160 air,55f8 idle,F16 emul, 45
- MGB engine requires rebuild (comes
with spare crank, 2 x cranks, 2 x cams, 2 x pairs of carbs)
steering rack £60
K&N air filters £50
- Pair of Cobra bucket
seats in red - £60
- 4x Lancia Delta alloy
wheels - £100;
- Original Italian Weber
45DCOE 9 carb on rare Derrington manifold for MGB £350
- Halda 90'
drive, V11 8:1 "T" drive, V11N 8:1 "T" drive siezed,
- 1.9" coil springs
- 9"x175lb, 7"x250lb, 8"x150lb,
£15 per pair ;
- AVO adjustable
platform sockers for 1.9" springs, 9" closed, 11" open, good condition
Updated 21 February 2018