|Mull Rally Needs Your Feedback! - July 2017 |
early June when the bad news broke, the organising team have been
beavering away behind the scenes, trying to put on alternative
motorsport events for the weekend of 13th – 15th October. Every
kind of motorsport has been considered, the feasibility &
attractiveness of each one investigated and the operational &
safety aspects discussed with the MSA. We have had extensive
discussions with dozens of landowners and users, all of whom have been
We are very grateful to all of you who have offered
suggestions, knowledge, experience, time, resources and more. It is
very encouraging to see the high standing that the Mull Rally, the Isle
of Mull and the people of Mull have in the rallying community. We are
also very grateful to Beatson’s Building Supplies for their
unstinting support during this difficult time – without them, new
events might not be possible.
The main objective we have worked
towards has been to put on a weekend that the usual Mull Rally visitors
would enjoy – whether as competitors, volunteers, sponsors, local
businesses, or spectators. The social side will come, but we wanted to
establish the sporting side as early as possible.
Now we are at
the point where we can present three possible events, and we would very
much like your feedback on them. These three are more than ideas, there
are detailed feasibility checks behind each and landowner engagement.
We are hoping that we could put two of these, but that will be
confirmed if and when we get the landowners’ agreement and MSA
But it’s only worthwhile doing so if we get
enough competitors and general interest to make it worthwhile. So
please send your feedback – either comment on this post or email firstname.lastname@example.org
• Would you consider entering?
• Would you consider spectating?
• For the Time Trials, would you pay extra for co-drivers?
• For the Targa, are you happy with some gravel roads?
• What would make this event more attractive to you?
• What are you worried about?
So here they are:
Gravel Rally Time Trial
• 2.6 mile route, never rallied before
• spectator-friendly location
• 30-40 cars / 4+ runs each plus slow speed recce
• entry fee roughly £200
Tarmac Rally Time Trial
• 1.2 mile route – may be familiar, unique layout
• Spectator-friendly location
• 30-40 cars / 4+ runs each plus slow-speed recce
• Entry fee roughly £150
Targa Road Rally
• 120 to 145 miles route in daylight
• Special tests on private roads
Regularity tests, mixed between tarmac and gravel – some roads
that have never been open to the public before (and may never be again!)
• Stunning lunch stop location
• 30-40 cars maximum, standard cars and historics (Blue Book Section R.18 and R.19 )
• No MSA licence nor helmets required, club membership needed.
• Entry fee roughly £120
eMail email@example.com with your choice, and which event YOU would enter.